My last post is already outdated. Disappointingly, things did not work out with Lisa watching Shaye on Wednesdays. So, rather than finding a stranger to take care of her, we opted to change my work schedule. I am so fortunate to work at a wonderful company with great bosses and thus, I was given permission to work four days per week temporarily. It's no surprise that recruiting is very slow so I've been keeping busy with general HR activities. I am loving it because I have learned so much since I came back from maternity leave. While recruiting is slower, I thought it would be a good chance to spend more time with Shaye. And while she is so young, I feel like it is harder to find good care so having me at home seems like the best solution. I'm taking a huge pay cut but it will be worth it in the end (and I'll go back 5 days/week once it's busier and I can't do my job in 4 days/week). Last week was the first day home with The Babers on Wednesday. We were buddies! Normally we have to get readjusted on Saturday, we are buddies on Sunday and then I leave for 5 days. There's not enough time at night together. Now the break on Wednesday is perfect! My mom and Ryan's parents have been wonderful caretakers. Shaye loves them and I believe they are enjoying being with her. It's certainly a lot of work, but Shaye is getting such a great experience with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment