Monday, May 17, 2010

Novelties

I LOVE seeing the look of wonder and surprise on Shaye's face. I have found that the daily discoveries she has about the world have been just as much fun for us. I am learning so much from her. Seeing that stare ....processing how we do everything, and that observation and intrigue is so intense. Love it!

Last week Joyce took Shaye to the park down the street from our house. There's not much there for Shaye to do since the swing is broken, but at least she got her first look at a park. My parents took her to a bigger park in Tustin with tons of kids playing about. She absolutely loved it. She had so much fun swinging, staring at the kids and trying to mimic them. I went again with her the next day and saw the same thrill. Ryan and I plan to spend a lot of time at the park this summer.

I talked with some experienced parents at my work and they couldn't believe we were still using the infant carrier car seat to tote Shaye around town. It is about 15 pounds on it's own and when you add a 20 pound kid, it was pretty much unbearable. Plus she hates being in it. So, she is now in a real car seat. Granted, Shaye still has to be rear facing until she's 1 so the ride is still not super enjoyable for her, but it's a step in the right direction. Such a big girl!

1 comment:

Kara Bowdish said...

She is becoming such a big girl!!! She might not be able to see as much being rear facing, but I'm sure being more upright is a lot more enjoyable!

PS Super cute new layout!!!