Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another Broken Bone!

Yep, that's MY broken bone. Let's see....I have fractured my wrist (in 5th grade playing soccer), broke my tibia and fibula in my leg as well as fractured my pelvis (11 years ago), and now fractured my radial head of the elbow. And I'm only 32. I must be a cat with 9 lives.

A week and a half ago, I was running an errand by myself and was wearing some cute boots that zip tightly around the ankle. They are fairly difficult to walk in and I was in a hurry and thus was walking super fast and tripped. I fell hard on the asphalt. My knee hurt as well as my arm. So, I iced both areas all night. Each day they were feeling better so I thought they would heal in no time. The improvement halted in my arm. On Thursday, I noticed that the bruise on my arm was getting worse and I was still aching and having a hard time doing a lot of normal things. So I spent 2.5 hours at Urgent Care on Friday, and after getting x-rayed, found out about the break. Luckily I don't need a cast and can wear a sling for comfort. I have to do physical therapy type exercises at home, followed by ice and follow up with my doctor. Hopefully it will fully heal in a couple months. Just another day in the life of klutsy B!

No comments: