I should have actually called it "The Perfect Day". It was a truly special day that started with coffee with my mom. I picked her up and we headed to Kean, an organic coffee shop in Tustin. Mom and I don't seem to get much time together alone these days so it was a lovely couple hours to catch up. Mom and Dad gave me a card that made me teary eyed along with a charm for my bracelet with 'Shaye Ann' engraved on the front and her birth date on the back! I came home at 11am to Ryan preparing a surprise picnic. The patio table was set with fresh cut roses from the garden. He asked me to set up Shaye on the grass with a blanket and toys. While we played, Ryan served (my favorite celebratory drink) Chandon champagne with blackberries floating on top. He called this "Your Favorite Lunch" as he served up a freshly barbequed Grilled Veggie Salad (spinach, tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash, with homeade champagne vinagrette dressing). The next course was two halves of my favorite sandwiches, tuna salad and PB&J (since I ate that all the time when I was pregnant), coupled with fruit salad made of pineapple, pears and blackberries. Again, all my favorites! He had me read a card that absolutely made me cry and gave me the most appropriate gift - a beautiful wallet - since I had lost mine last week. After we put Shaye down for a nap, we finished up the champagne leisurely. While I talked with Kara on the phone, Ryan prepared dessert. SMORES! I love smores...anything smores. Just perfect. We had so much fun that we forgot to take pictures, but here is me with my buddy, enjoying a lazy afternoon.

In the late afternoon, we went to Joyce and Rick's where the whole family gathered for Mother's Day. Dinner was delicious and visiting with everyone was wonderful. Shaye was a little ham, posing for all the cameras and she just loved Hailee and wanted to play with her (though Hailee was not quite so interested!). Again, such a memorable day!






1 comment:
The day sounds just PERFECT! I hope my first Mother's Day (someday) is just as wonderful!!!
Post a Comment