Wednesday, April 15, 2009

16 weeks, 4 days

Another great visit to the doctor today! We were able to hear the heartbeat, again loud and strong. The results of the first part of a screening test were really good so the news is positive so far in terms of chances of chromosomal deficiencies. Dr. Ricci was very encouraged by the placement of my uterus at this stage - exactly where it should be. She told me where I should focus to start feeling the fluttering and bubbles, which is the baby moving. She is not concerned about my weight yet as most of it should come in the second half. She did say that I probably won't look pregnant until I'm 8 months along! Yeah, no big surprise. The best news of all is that we got to schedule the next ultrasound in two weeks! Because I am so thin, we will be able to know the gender of the baby at that time rather than waiting on the ultrasound a little longer (perhaps because they can see him/her better?). Ryan is particularily thrilled to see the baby moving since he has yet to see an ultrasound. We can't wait until April 28th! I chose this date since it's Kara's birthday - she'll be my good luck charm.

1 comment:

Sweetpea said...

I'll use my birthday vibes to hope for a boy!!!