I had my first real Babies R Us experience on Saturday. Now, I've been there a couple times to buy Shower gifts with a registry in hand but that is a totally different experience. I went there with Lisa before she left for Texas to get her "filter" on the list of necessities versus baby products that you really don't need. It was super helpful and I got a lot of detail on what she has learned over the past 5 months. However, I was seriously amazed at how much crap a little one requires. I have 5 pages of notes (albeit notepad size)! Is our little condo going to be able to hold all this stuff? Do I want my house to turn into another Babies R Us? I am a minimalist in general, so I am glad I learned that I don't need to go overboard. I mean, Baby Water?! Gotta love that marketing ploy.
2 comments:
Bethany, I'm so excited for you! What a wonderful time in your lives. We all need to get together and celebrate! We'll bring Martinelli's for you! :o)
The Baby Bargains book is helpful in sorting through the various kinds and brands of things, like car seats, strollers, cribs, etc... And yes, there is way too much stuff out there that you don't really need.
Post a Comment