Monday, June 21, 2010

First Father's Day


Ryan said this was a fabulous first Father's Day for him. I'm so happy that I made it special for him and was also so happy to have spent the afternoon and evening with my dad and the family. We started the day off with Ryan's favorite breakfast, Eggs Benedict. We enjoyed the morning sunshine, opened Father's Day cards (yep, I think I made him cry more than I cried on Mother's Day...we are now saps!) and then headed to a surprise lunch. Ryan had been dying to try Prime Cut (http://primecutcafe.com/) so we had a delicious lunch - the french dip for him and a warm prime rib salad with root vegetables for me. Shaye loved the root vegetables and avocado as well as a taste of prime rib. This kid loves vegetables!
I picked up Mom and Dad from the airport in the afternoon since they were returning from Colorado. We all met up at Joyce and Rick's for a family style celebration of all the Father's. Shaye enjoyed some pool time with Joyce, Hailee, & Brianna, we celebrated Shawn's 35th birthday, and we all had a lovely time together.

1 comment:

Kara Bowdish said...

You guys are a bunch of saps!!! Too funny! Glad it was such a nice day... sounds like you did as great a job as he did on Mother's Day!